Friday, August 17, 2007

Rejoice! Peter Pan is Back


Next week, Peter Pan Peanut Butter returns to store shelves, and I am eagerly awaiting it - a slice of toast just hasn't been the same since!

When it was pulled from shelves last February, I tried Jif, Skippy, and a couple of other brands, but nothing tasted nearly as good as my beloved Peter Pan Reduced Fat Creamy. For a while I tried to switching to Whole Foods' fresh-ground almond butter, which is certainly healthier (if not cheap - at almost $9.00/lb!); but alas, it was just no substitute for the trans-fat and corn syrup-laden condiment I've loved since I was little.

I'll probably stick with the morning bowl of Total, fruit and slivered almonds - it feels like such a virtuous way to start the day. But I sure do look forward to a midnight rendezvous with a glass of skim milk, a spoon, and that sorely missed little green-clad imp.

No comments: